Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: The Stereo stuff I hated the most

Turntables. I started with a Webcor with the astatic power point cartridge because it was what I could afford by lawn mowing and snow shoveling. Then the Gerrard Sl-95B and Empire cartridge which was a step up. The next TT was a Zero 100 which was a step down, what a shame, it was so interesting. After that was the Thorens 124 with the 3009 SME arm and Shure and Stanton cartridges, then the Rabco SL8 which was a step up but unreliable and using Decca cartriges. From there a Thorens 125 and an Infinity Black Widow with the Ortophon MC20 and the MCA 76 MC preamp then the Dynavector ruby for a big jump forward. The next arm was a mistake I changed to an AT arm and lost something. Somewhere in there I had a clear plastic turntable but it was all eyeball and not great. I guess the worst was the Power Point and the MC20.

Heck that is just part of the turntables and I will stop there. How much depriciation did I take? Thats one reason I like vintage!!

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.