Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Will Scott 299A work with my speakers? + other ?s

I use a pair of Boston Acoustic A70's with my 299(A) and those are only 90db. It works fine in the relatively small room I'm in - maybe 500 square feet?? Some of this will depend on the volume you demand and the type of music you listen to.

Tube brands are also very much a matter of individual choice. Telefunken is one of the most highly sought after brands for 12AX7, that doesn't mean it's the one you will ultimately come to like the best. I have a set of them in my 299A but I also use a set of RCAs from time to time and I have some old GE blackplates that I use sometimes too. I've never decided that any one set is the "best", but they are different. That's the fun thing about tubes - you can alter the sound of your amp, just for fun, when you feel like a change.

Schematics should be available on the hhscott site (www.hhscott.com). Also, you might want to get a SAMS Photofact for the 299A, which has a complete parts list and the schematic. I do not remember where I got mine, but if you look around on google you should be able to find one - they might be available on the scott site too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Will Scott 299A work with my speakers? + other ?s - Jon C. 12:02:46 03/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.