Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

tannoy ahoy ! nice find

i guess im just gloating, after all these years of not finding any really exciting vintage stuff, getting ripped off on ebay with 'as is' auctions, and only finding zenith speakers in the trash... last nite at an auction there what looked like a desk, only it had grille cloth over the front. i took my flashlite and put it to the grille cloth, and saw a tweeter horn in the center! i didnt recognise the brand, but i KNEW i had seen it somewhere in one of my old speaker books, and i was suddenly all anxious. the cab was huge, so i hoped there would be few bidders with a truck. well, it came up, no one wanted it... i got it for $10 with 15% buyers premium. it was a long hour ride home as i wondered if my screwgun was charged or not, and what the speaker could be, and if it was blown ect.. my mind was racing. i was hoping it was a $00-400 speaker i could sell on ebay. it is a monitor silver, 15 inch, with crossover, lsu/hf/15L. serial number 019099. it was too good to be true. i hooked up an amp to it, trying not to overexcited cuz with my luck it would be blown ect. it works perfect. i looked these up on ebay and my face almost fell off when i saw the price for a pair. ive been an altec 604c fan for the past 2 years, it will be a fun day of comparisons! thanks for reading my story. john

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - tannoy ahoy ! nice find - audioguest 05:45:01 03/03/07 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.