Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: YUP! My audiophile obsession will probably lead me to seek more BUT..

""Uninformed" is a bit strong for reasons I'll not extol here, but no offense is taken."

I'm glad U didn't take offense and yes, having reread it, does seem a bit strong and was not intended to offend.

"You would have gotten a kick out of the incredulous looks the electricians gave me discussing the difference in sound that duplexes can make."

Yes, I can visualize the baffled looks one would receive but here would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the qualities of high end outlets.

Here is a related story: I had mentioned to the building inspector who was inspecting my house before the purchase about installing a dedicated line to my listening room. Expecting the raised eyebrow from him, he casually turned to me and said that he had inspected Robert Harleys house and recent electrical work that had been done and that Bob treated him to a private listen to his system! Bob is the Editor-in-chief for TAS and had been a long time reviewer for Stereophile. Imagine my surprise :-)

"What I was trying to convey was that these inexpensive outlets served well and did not apparently bottleneck the benefits of new lines. I was hearing music in a way that was involving,exciting and most of all fun."

Understood and my intent of my message was that if U like the Leviton's, the Oyaides will certainly cause a long term case of "permagrin". They have with me :-)

Cheers,

~kenster

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.