Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

YUP! My audiophile obsession will probably lead me to seek more BUT..

It reminds me of the song lyric,"...if lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

"Uninformed" is a bit strong for reasons I'll not extol here, but no offense is taken. I do appreciate your sentiment. I've heard alot of great things about those duplexs and I am sure they are well worth the investgation as I have indeed not yet heard or compared them. There is always more!

You would have gotten a kick out of the incredulous looks the electricians gave me discussing the difference in sound that duplexes can make. They appreciated the idea of clean electric but not the importance of duplex choice. Ultimately, a crimp in my ordering plans landed me with the Levitons and I decided to start with them after reading a post in the archives here.

I had originally planned on using these Levitons as a starting point and then give some others a try. In fact, in keeping with the nature of our obsession, I will probably still do that. What I was trying to convey was that these inexpensive outlets served well and did not apparently bottleneck the benefits of new lines. I was hearing music in a way that was involving,exciting and most of all fun.

I have also purposely kept this room somewhat modest in nature to see what can be wrung out of cost effective applications. Hence the Home Depot wire, and best of all, the same Marantz 2270 and Empire 698 tt I purchased in high school! Modded of course! This is part of the fun.

I do appreciate your suggestion though and you can be sure it is an edorsement I'll consider.

Cheers
Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.