Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Genesis Model 22s

Those are from the late 80's. All the Genesis/Epicure/EPI speakers have the great frequency response, but yours and the others in that series actually have pretty good dispersion characteristics as well. The best source for information and even parts, if you can afford them, is through Human Speakers. I should say, however, that you made the correct response in my opinion. When you find them on the street, buy them. Because the foam is always rotten, they show up everywhere, dirt cheap. Nearly all the drivers are interchangable, as humanspeakers whole business indicates. I have used the 8" drivers in enclosures as small as 1/3 cu.ft. to as large as 3.5cu.ft. They have great bass irrespective of the enclosure size. If you experiment with the crossover into the tweeter, try to stay pretty close to the original design. Also, EPI/Epicures use a single cap (usually), but Genesis uses a series cap with a parallel coil (12db). I have had no success mixing designs. I don't know why.

Anyway, check out Humanspeakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Genesis Model 22s - corerosin 11:27:19 02/24/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.