Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Introversion Must Be It

I'm an over-the-hill male who never succeeded in my career up to my potential, and I'm still working now with no chance of ever doing so. I've always scored about 65% introverted on the personality tests, and as I sink into the latest phase of my life, I'm letting the introverted side run rampant.

Listening to relatively loud music gives one some solitude, even when others are nearby. Listening to soft music and napping on the sofa gives one some solitude. Going out to the shop and trying to revitalize some old speakers gives one some solitude. The artsy-craftsy aspects of speaker rehab gives me something benign that my wife can help me with and discuss constructively. It also gives me something to learn, as I was neither artsy-craftsy nor mister fixit when was younger and thought my career was on a fast track, and the learning helps me feel at least a little bit young.

I was an amateur musician, but my body has acquired some infirmities that make that frustrating now. Good to keep with the music by listening. It reminds me of happy hours spent making music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.