Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Bozak B 310s . . .any info?

If the Sherwood is the model using 6bq5s on the output then it will sound well together but the Sherwood will quickly run out of steam if trying to approach any kind of decent listening levels AND have the dynamic range the CGs are capable of. I've tried a Dyna SCA35 on my Symphonys and it really sounded good but at levels much above background music the dynamic range suffered.

If the other versions, then there is more headroom. I've used a Sherwood S5000II on my Symphonys and the pairing was wonderful and in some ways presented some of the better sound from the speakers I have experienced but to retained the dynamics I had to listen at levels below my normal level that is at a level where 2 persons can easily carry on a conversation without raising their voices but well above background music levels.

I suspect that as the CG have 2 more woofers than the Symphonys, using the later Sherwood would possibly be similar to having used the Dyna on the Symphonys.

I have found both pairs of my Bozaks to be a bit odd in that some larger powered amps did not seem to open them up as well as other lowered powered amps. They seem to be very sensitive to both rms power delivery AND peak amp power and recovery time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bozak B 310s . . .any info? - Brian Levy 08:24:41 02/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.