Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Can a vintage Sansui, Realistic Minimus 7s, and Polk R50s all live in acoustic harmony?

So from what I can tell based on the responses, there's no point in getting more than one pair of good speakers for my Sansui Solid State 5000 receiver. Have any of you ever tried to go for more than two speakers running simultaneously from one vintage receiver similar to this one? If so, what were the results? (Again, for the record, I currently have a Sansui Solid State 5000 running a pair of Polk R50s, and I was considering adding a pair of Realistic Minimus 7's that I would place to either side of the listner...my receiver will support 3 pairs of speakers).

Also, would excessive dust buildup cause the Sansui going into protect mode when the audio source is turned up too high (for example, if I'm watching the T.V., and I have the receiver's volume running at about .25 percent, and I turn the volume on my T.V. up too high) I know that one person said that the older Sansuis run hot, and although the receiver has never felt any warmer than luke warm, maybe this is related to my problem? However, because I have occasional issues with static, and someone else said that that was caused by dust, I figured that maybe the dust was also related to it going into protect mode. Any advice or input is welcome--I find this stuff really interesting, but unfortunately I'm still fairly new to it. Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Can a vintage Sansui, Realistic Minimus 7s, and Polk R50s all live in acoustic harmony? - Slush E 06:24:53 01/30/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.