Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Hokay, I guessed wrong, mui dispace!

JBTW most defendant bodies fold before court happens, by repute.

And I am a perfectionist, and a systems analyst.

You are, in a way, luckier than I down here in Canberra, IF a few of those college stations are zero or low processing types, yes?

I have just two such, a national satellite dist'n, 'zero DR compression except PEAKs' 'classical' and a bit of Jazz network plus world mix at drive time PM. The ABC!

Plus a long-running local to Can'tberra 'low-processing' arts/community station (plus - on rare occasion the other community stations). two goodish AM stations (ABC and very libbrul! avec music) wide band audio AM is worth it even for interviews.

there is another option for you with THE sole 'serious' type of indoor antenna, made of plastic sheathed/'paintable'/ HIDABLE fine wire in the shape of a rhomboid.

[ pinned to a ceiling or taped under a biggish rug! its long dimension being pointed 'appropriately' to get you your 'OVER the mountain' station!]

You could discover the app'te angle - 'on the compass' - by borrowing an FM Yagi on appro. And, if 'the' angle - across just one of yr residence' rooms can approach 10 or more feet you can return the yagi - given a tick on SAF front - and save heaps.

what about FM repeaters, any?

and, NB, 'net radio' is usually LOW res!

I use low-res classical downloads and low-res cricket commentary, when I'm on the PC only though.

We just finished - very thoroughly - beating England in 5 out of multi-day cricket Tests, during Summer down here! And, don't say it's boring if you do not know the game ;-)! This has not happened since our summer, of 1920-21!

Warmest

Timbo in Oz
The Skyptical Mensurer and Audio Scrounger

'Still not saluting.'

Read about and view system at:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/tim_bailey.htm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.