Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Really depends on what state both particular tuners are in.

Do you NEED a narrow bandwidth option?

Are all your desired stations, sensibly receivable ones I mean, coming in fine * (?).

And are you driving it hard enough to get the best results* - IE with a directional antenna?

If you aren't spend some of that money on a better antenna and a rotator, and a service.

Much, MUCH, higher ROI, okay?

Because I would be willing to bet, that either tuner, given their age - would be worth doing a 'check and replace passive components' and a radio alignment on.

Also, see below under the T101 thread just down the page re its tantalum caps, used in its audio stages, and they do worsen with age.

if there are tants in the Marantz' audio stages (!!!!) get rid of them, you should also think about biassing the audio stages more into class-A. And, cut back on the NFB that'll be trying to hide how crap tants sound.

>

The 125 (new) is - by repute - just a little behind the T101 (new) in sound quality, on a GOOD antenna.

A rebuild of it and improving yr antenna will still cost less than the old-ish T101!

Better, for LESS!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.