Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: That is you Jon,

Yeah, a lot of people are obsessed with the beat, that is true. All you have to do is look at how popular rap and hip-hop are, that shows it right there.

I wonder though how different this really is. (Please understand, NOT trying to pick an online fight...just wondering "out loud"). I see the clips of the Beatles performing in their early years and the crowds of girls screaming and almost passing out over songs like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", which was about at the intelligence level of a 6th grader, if that. I also saw the Dead a few times and beleive me, most of the fans were not coherent. Were those fans truly into the music, or just the drugs? If you took the drugs away, how many fans would there have been? If the Beatles had been ugly but otherwise released the same songs, how many records would they have sold? How much of it was really about the music, and how much something else?

I wonder if things have truly changed that much, or if we just had good popular music 35 years ago due to pure serendipity.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.