Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: so if I'm reading you right

A directional outside antenna is clearly in my future. I live in a fringe area, and my home is in somewhat of a valley, but I use a dipole right now because I listen to public radio 90% of the time, and there's an excellent station nearby. I attribute the improvement in sound to a reduction in multipath, but I also have to note that there's been a distinct increase in signal strength. The bottom line is that it works better - much better - and that's with the antenna in a second floor listening room mounted vertically along the edge of a window casing. A good mast, rotor, and antenna setup will cost several hundred dollars (a good deal of that for the mast), but will also give me much better directional selectivity. That's something I definitely need in my location. It will happen eventually, but for now I'm content.

Regardless of where the tip came from originally, I'm grateful for having gotten the benefit of the knowledge.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.