Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Exactly, a modded vintage tuner can be bought

and modded for under 500 bucks. Sonic quality can rival the average cd with a good broadcast. Please remember the antenna is also very important. No tuner is better than the antenna connected to it.

I've owned numerous tuners and the modded Kenwood KT 7500 trounces everything for sound quality I've ever heard and by a margin. Find the tuner you like the looks of and is already a decent tuner. I like the looks of the Sansui TU 717 very much and these can be purchased off of Ebay for about 200 bucks. The one I have now I plan on having modded also as I think I like the way it looks better than my Kenwood even though the Kenwood looks almost brand new.

The tuners that costs thousands of dollars will do no better if as well as a modded tuner from the late seventies to say about 1980. Kenwood Kt 7500's are common and can be had for 75 dollars on Ebay. Get one with good cosmetics and send it to Radio X for a mod job.

Until I got this tuner I had no idea how great a FM tuner could sound. The stock 7500 is not good at all while the Sansui TU 717 is decent stock. There's plenty of more to choose from. Go to fmtunerinfo.com and check it out. Also on Yahoo is a group called fmtuners, these guys know more about FM tuners than is imaginable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.