Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

"Although the FM-6 doesn't deliver higher signal strength than the vertical folded dipole, its signal results in better"

This suggests to me that the SS meter on the HK is one of those 'light UP on a wet string' meters I have come to know well.

Once they're at about 80-90% on the dial they take a LOT more signal before they - barely - move.

I hate IBOC, Sirius and daat reduced audio in all its forms except MPEG2' audio layer at 512 kbps and adjusted for performance on transients / attacks that begin all notes. On OUR national public FM-Classical(Jazz too!) service that's what the - necessary - satellites transcieve, and it IS okay.

Not as good as it was - I reckon ;-)!- but acceptable, and their live stuff is amazing - still!

CD is acceptable, but analogue tapes or broadcasts of acoustic concerts - on a good 'unprocessed' FM station - can still piss all over it.

As can music IN the studio with the announcer. Strikingly good. Let alone interviews!

Warmest

Timbo in Oz
The Skyptical Mensurer and Audio Scrounger

'Still not saluting.'

Read about and view system at:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/tim_bailey.htm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • "Although the FM-6 doesn't deliver higher signal strength than the vertical folded dipole, its signal results in better" - Timbo in Oz 18:22:58 11/16/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.