Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: wahy CAN"T you mount it outside there AREways to fight local rules you know.

I'd rather not irritate my neighbors and fight with my HMO. There are other ways to get what I want. The signal atrength and quality is OK, the noise I'm getting on my favorite FM station (WGMS, Wash DC.) seems to be from "HD radio self noise". WGMS is one of those who broadcasts HD digital FM out on the sidebands, and the tuner in my HK 3480 receiver doesn't have the narrow-band IF filters to fully "scrape off" the HD outliers. Even so, it does a reasonably good job, have to turn up the volume pretty high to hear the background "shhhh", especially with the FM-6 antenna. Although the FM-6 doesn't deliver higher signal strength than the vertical folded dipole, its signal results in better quieting. Brian Beezley suggests I install a post-detection filter in the tuner section to get rid of this residual HD radio self noise.
Dale.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.