Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Options for getting Radio broadcasts in very callending reception conditions?

I live in NYC, near the brooklyn side of East River. I am located between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. This area gives rise to multipath in the extreme. Moreover the area down under the Manhattan Bridge and adjacent to it, is being gentrified with several new high-rise apartment buildings. With each new building the reception gets worse and worse.

I had a MD 100 which was upgraded to a 102, which I was using with an ST-2.

Over time, the added construction has made the reception so bad that whenever i Moved my body near the tuner, the sound would cut out. It got to the point where I could only get one or two favorite stations and I sold the tuner.

My dealer seems to feel that I will have this condition no matter what tuner I get. Does that seem reasonable? Are some tuners better than others in coping with this type of situation? What are my options?

A roof antennae is NOT possible and I need to keep the ST-2 in the vertical position, behind the drapes and in the corner.

The building is poured concrete and steel which makes it even worse!

My cable company does not offer FM.

Are there options open to me or should I just give up on FM?

Thanks,

Jay

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Options for getting Radio broadcasts in very callending reception conditions? - jaybar 22:46:39 10/24/06 (11)

You can not post to an archived thread.