Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Okay...

But I already have a DAC - it's admittedly an old Museatex Bitstream, but I'm fairly happy with it. Would it then follow that all I need is a sound card with a Toslink output? I'm using an old Denon DCD 1560 for a CD transport, feeding into the coax input on the Museatex. The Museatex also has a Toslink input, though, so if I could use that for the input from a computer, it seems like I'm already very nearly there. The only question then is what the requirements are for the sound card and the computer itself. I already have high-speed access.

I was faced with a similar issue to the one you're facing with your Mac tuner years ago when I sold my 10" open reel tape deck. It was a (truly) mint Pioneer RT 909, and I sold it fairly cheaply, because I was sure at the time that open reel was going the way of the dinosaurs. For what it's worth, I've always regretted that decision (kind of like that Marantz tuner with the oscilloscope - we won't go there), but there's a significant difference between my case and yours. I could have kept the tapes, and I could still buy more of them, so the machine could still be used. It's a tough call.

By the way - does "working -quite awhile- on a book" mean wading through as in reading, or as in writing? Either way, you're speaking my language. The study of human consciousness has been a pet subject of mine for something over 25 years. The side benefit and downside are one and the same: I'm pretty much unable to see anything as an absolute anymore.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Okay... - Todd A. 13:28:07 09/12/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.