Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Need some thoughts

I have an old in-attic TV antenna, probably Radio Shack, from the 1960s. Have to do in-attic because of local ordinance. Works for me, but has intermittent problems with my FM reception, and I don't use it for TV at all.

If I'm going to brave the attic crawl at my age to replace it, I was thinking of something like the RS FM specific antenna or maybe the Delhi Yagi QFM9 mentioned below. Not so much the price issue, but size does matter.

Here's the real problem: space and no electricity up there. Assuming any of these fit the small crawl space, I don't see how I could put a rotator in there, because I have no electrical service anywhere near the attic.

From using the station locater URL below I found that my key stations in the SF Bay Area are located in various directions, sadly, and not in one general direction or other. One in Marin (25 mi. NNW), one in SF (20 mi. NW), one on the hill in San Mateo (3 mi. W), one in Palo Alto (15 mi. SE), and god knows what else is out there I don't currently receive. Have no idea if all the trouble to replace the antenna would make any difference if I cannot rotate it.

Any ideas here? Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Need some thoughts - bartc 06:29:56 09/05/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.