Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: Antennas may not have 'sound quality' of themselves! But they sure can contribute to it!

About 2 years ago,I posted on the enormous effect that I noticed,when I changed antennas with my 10B.In fact,I was able to find only 1 antenna-an Audio Prism 7500,that did the tuner justice.
The worst of the lot by far,which invariably caused every tuner that it was connected to ,in various rooms in my house(with various tube tuners),to sound "nasal"-was a Godar .I achieved immeasurably better results with a simple T.
I posted my results here,at the time,and was flamed by a certain Abe Collins-who invited his friends to join in the flaming.
This generated such a feeling of revulsion on my part,that I stayed off AA for more than a year.In various other forums that I participate,I received ample support for my findings that antennas make a big difference in sound,not only because of the varying strength of reception.So,it is with gratitude that I have read this post.BTW,I am a classical musician.
Raanan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.