Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Twaddle, and WRONG - first up, what's 'enough signal?'

Enough to get the front end well into full limiting on all desired stations!? Without overloading on any of them. But, that DEPENDS, no?

Next, selectivity of the radio system as a whole can and will depend a lot on how narrow the antenna's pattern is! No?

Even how regular that pattern is in 3d as we look down the boom. No?

And mind that all this is important before we even consider multipath as a factor.

Ever lived in a 'really really bad multipath area', like a bowl of hills? 1/3 of my city is one, to the extent that TV is retransmitted at low power on UHF/V into 4 reception holes.

All three of the above factors can and do affect the achieved sound quality from FM. No?

So an antenna / antenna upgrade, and where it is put can and thus often WILL affect sound quality. As will the cable as it adds to the noise-temperature. No?

IME I have never failed to hear an improvement even when improving an existing external directional antenna system, used to feed an FM tuner. Right under the tower, too.

So, IME&O it would be best for you to avoid posts which are misleading, or potentially so. Please,

or I'll have to give you the drum again! :-)!

Which you won't like.

Warmest

Timbo in Oz
The Skyptical Mensurer and Audio Scrounger

'Still not saluting.'

Read about and view system at:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/tim_bailey.htm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Twaddle, and WRONG - first up, what's 'enough signal?' - Timbo in Oz 23:06:59 08/17/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.