Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Variety is king

Jon,
These old-timers (including me) are remembering FM pre-1970. You are correct on most points except the sound quality of digital radio. It really does stink through good electronics, but it sounds acceptable in most cars. And although the programming is much better than most broadcast, it still is not as good as it could be. After you eliminate most of the channels that have no music (talk, religion, sports, traffic) and the channels that don't fit with one's personal taste (In my case, 80s power balllads, disco, techno, modern mainstream country, etc.), how much is really left? I prefer internet radio and podcasts, sometimes with even poorer sound quality, but much greater variety.

But there is no going back. Clear Channel, and IInfinity (and their awful advertisements and DJs) are not going to disappear any time soon. We can wring our hands and wish for the good old days, or we can listen to better programming right now. Isn't that your point?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Variety is king - Gregg 06:07:03 08/07/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.