Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Good AM Antenna?

I'm suprised you have problems picking up WFAN 660 and WCBS 880 for these games. Those older tuners had an exterior ferrite bar antenna but it must be in proper position. First it must be "hinged" up - it swivels down (close to the rear panel) for storage etc. and then swivels up and away from the rear panel for use. It is directional but I would be suprised if it is situated in just the wrong direction for those close and powerful stations. You can pivot the tuner back and forth to verify this. I get both stations quite well in my house in W.V. on any night. Your house may affect the recption of AM too if it has aluminum siding or a metal roof etc. I would look into these things before investing in an antenna. I would also just connect a long wire as an antenna to one AM terminal if my proposed solutions don't work. Good luck!

ET

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Good AM Antenna? - Awe-d-o-file 09:45:52 07/31/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.