Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

You'll spend more for....

the shipping, actually. What, I believe, you're asking for is one that you can connect up to the H and V outputs to monitor multipath, right? If that's the case, there's little need for any of the bandwidth that's the usual specification you'll see in the ads.

I'm sure you've spent some time at eBay surfing around. On the assumption that you'll only use it with the tuner, then just get one of the most basic and low bandwidth scopes (10Mhz is about as low as you'll find unless its *really* old).

The biggest problem is that many of the older 70s vintage scopes may need to restoration attention and may well have burn marks on the scope face. Without your seeing them first, this will always be a risk.

Lastly, their weight usually means that they'll cost more to ship than they're worth. I'd suggest you attend a local ham radio swap meet and you'll find some locally to bargain with - and you'll be able to confirm they're working ok first.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.