Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

How many here post also at "FM Tuners" ? Also, FM tuner info site unfair to tube tuners?

Mates,

For the last year, I've been determined to get more or less settled in the tuner department, buying a Revox B160, and McIntosh MR77 and MR67.

As I've referred often to the comments at tunerinfo, and until I decide between the MR77 (a bit disppointing), and the MR67 (don't have it yet)- I decided to join the group. This is not a comment on our Asylum- of which I'm so fond, but more perspective. Casual experimenting with tuners is too time and $$$$ intensive!

Is anyone else here involved with the FM tuners group and what has been your experience?

So far, it seems a bit intensely "technical"- though there was a photo quiz as to what a person on a ladder was actually doing.

It would be wonderful if they had a forum thread format like this site. Of course I realize there's a 'noticeable' cost to this, but I find usergroups with a string of emails that arrive in haphazard order difficult to follow. Do you use the email "bundle" system that sends things in groups? Perhaps that's more coherent?

Also, I find it odd that the FM tuner website separates the tube tuners into a very category which lumps all the models of a particular make into a couple of sketchy paragraphs- as though they are reluctant to include them. Why can't each make- whether it's Fisher, McIntosh, or Marantz be listed in model number order regardless of solid state or tube? - I'll be asking over there too when I get a chance!

Cheers,

Bambi B

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - How many here post also at "FM Tuners" ? Also, FM tuner info site unfair to tube tuners? - Bambi B 02:29:36 07/07/06 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.