Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

A lost resource?

Certainly it has diminished in recent years, but FM has been a great resource.

My first job after college was in the suburbs of Philadelphia and there I enjoyed programming from Philly, New Jersey, and NYC. That was at the end of the '60s when album oriented rock emerged and many college stations began more adventurous programming. Then I moved to SoCal where the number of FM stations and programing variety seemed endless.

But by the time I left that area last year the wonderful classical station in San Diego was long gone, and the progressive rock stations had become something barely above Muzak. Fortunately the City College station (KSDS) still played mostly jazz that I loved. But the LA stations I listened to either changed programming or developed reception interference problems. There may now be satellite sourced stations but other than my car I'm a bit of a Luddite. FM listening has become minimal.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A lost resource? - M3 lover 10:22:53 10/07/20 (1)
    • WMMR - belyin 18:45:47 10/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.