Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

The prodigal T-1000 comes home

Back in 2008, I bought an Accuphase T-1000 that already had some history. It was the unit reviewed on fmtuner.com. Then, I met an incredibly beautiful young art teacher and fell madly in love and lost my mind. I sold off my whole system starting with the tuner a year later to buy a big yellow diamond and a custom setting for it. We married in a French Garden under a pergola in July after a light rain dressed in 20's attire, her in an ivory beaded spartan flapper dress and a birdcage veil and me in a tan seersucker cotton suit and driving cap. We sailed off in a retro limo, champagne in hand to many cheers.

Alas, the woman wasn't as beautiful on the inside as the outside and after 7 years of marriage and 9 years together we divorced and she ran off with a much younger, handsome golf pro. Then, last December, the gentleman that bought my tuner 10 years prior listed it for sale. We exchanged a few messages and then someone else used the buy it now. I missed it. While perusing some auctions, I spied a familiar looking unit, saw the serial number and knew it was the same tuner. I bought it. So, it arrives next week after a long vacation down south. This will be my last tuner. Again. :D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - The prodigal T-1000 comes home - PaulN 07:32:30 05/05/20 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.