I live in the Boston area, and am blessed with a few interesting FM stations - some even seem to care about the sound! One fairly good sounding station is always accompanied by what sounds like a 60hz hum. No other station on the dial has that hum, and it is true with the four FM tuners I have in the house (both solid state and tube, different antennas) - just that stations hums, and no other.
It is WHRB - the Harvard University station. Might someone there understand the issue? Who would one reach out to - station manager? Technical support?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - One station hums. Others don't... - torc 18:47:16 12/24/19 (6)
- mate? next time you want advice? - Timbo in Oz 23:08:38 01/21/20 (0)
- So? What have you done? - Timbo in Oz 23:47:27 01/08/20 (0)
- why not have ONE really good antenna and a rotator - Timbo in Oz 01:06:54 01/03/20 (0)
- RE: One station hums. Others don't... - LtMandella 07:42:22 12/26/19 (0)
- It can't be your antenna or tuner/s so it must be the station. - Timbo in Oz 01:43:47 12/26/19 (0)
- RE: One station hums. Others don't... - sherod 19:40:16 12/25/19 (0)