In Reply to: RE: Find your desired stations on FM Fool? posted by user510 on June 14, 2017 at 15:25:08:
I see you have worked out the compass bearings from your place to the different stations.
Focus on the ones whose programming really matters to you.
Do some have more then one txer site in range?
Select strongest txer / signal at your place.
Draw those bearings on to a plan of your apartment.
Then select - which rooms - to put a large enough (enough gain) rhombic in - so that its axis points at one or two/three - or can be 'spread' - see the Audio article for that spread version of a rhombic.
I am fortunate that one* of my two desired stations (*very powerful txer) is on one high tower - plus the one Txer less than 2km away - so that one new 6 element Yagi pointed at the tower does the job.
Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - how many have tried a Rhombic FM Antenna? - user510 13:39:36 06/13/17 (28)
- RE: 1/2 wave folded dipole antenna - user510 21:16:05 07/23/17 (1)
- Interesting - M3 lover 09:40:23 07/24/17 (0)
- RE: 1/4 wavelength automotive whip antenna...further - user510 13:18:01 06/22/17 (8)
- Have you tried a folded dipole? - Timbo in Oz 22:32:54 07/10/17 (5)
- RE: Have you tried a folded dipole? - user510 21:19:42 07/23/17 (0)
- RE: a folded dipole? - M3 lover 13:21:38 07/13/17 (1)
- They have more gain than a car radio antenna, not much but down at those levels of gain an extra db or two is - Timbo in Oz 15:18:18 07/13/17 (0)
- RE: not yet - user510 11:07:53 07/11/17 (1)
- No they're directional and need to be aimed as my post indicated. - Timbo in Oz 14:48:25 07/11/17 (0)
- RE: 1/4 wavelength automotive whip antenna...further - caffeinator 07:04:24 06/24/17 (1)
- RE: 1/4 wavelength automotive whip antenna...further - user510 10:16:05 06/24/17 (0)
- RE: new data and things tried - user510 13:45:26 06/18/17 (1)
- RE: update notes - user510 12:59:54 06/20/17 (0)
- RE: FM Antenna? - M3 lover 09:55:49 06/17/17 (4)
- Most stations now use 45deg. slant ie Mixed H and V - Timbo in Oz 15:48:07 07/11/17 (0)
- RE: FM Antenna? - user510 10:52:29 06/17/17 (2)
- hi steve, where do you want to aim it? how many stations and on which bearings. - Timbo in Oz 00:45:36 06/14/17 (5)
- RE: new data - user510 13:59:31 06/16/17 (0)
- RE: hi steve, where do you want to aim it? how many stations and on which bearings. - user510 14:07:21 06/14/17 (3)
- RE: how many have tried a Rhombic FM Antenna? - kh6idf 14:07:41 06/13/17 (3)
- yes, I posted it to AA. - Timbo in Oz 00:59:26 06/14/17 (0)
- RE: how many have tried a Rhombic FM Antenna? - user510 14:14:41 06/13/17 (1)
- The writer has and a few others posting here have, too! - Timbo in Oz 00:51:58 06/14/17 (0)
- Hi Steve! I will be quite busy for a week or so. - Timbo in Oz 21:22:57 06/16/17 (0)