I have a question that I'd like to ask of FM tuner reception experts. I live in the greater Tampa Bay Fl area and really like a community radio station here WNMF. Yesterday I brought home a Bose Wave radio, one of the smaller versions and could pick up WNMF perfectly without an antenna. What is odd about that is that I have two tuners in the house, a McIntosh MX117 and a Sansui TU 717. Both are considered very good tuners and neither one of them pick up WNMF very well and they have basic antennas attached! My car picks up the station in my garage just fine. It seems that the cheaper the tuner the better it picks up the station. What might I try to improve reception on the McIntosh and Sansui without having to resort to more money and or adding an external mount antenna? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - FM Reception - Macncheez 13:47:44 05/24/17 (7)
- RE: FM Reception - airtime 06:52:37 06/02/17 (0)
- I had the same problem - jedrider 11:27:36 05/27/17 (3)
- " an outdoor Yagi was the best solution" - 1973shovel 06:34:19 05/28/17 (2)
- Adding to 6BQ5's points - Timbo in Oz 15:45:56 05/26/17 (0)
- RE: FM Reception - 6bq5 09:53:21 05/25/17 (0)