In Reply to: RE: Weak reception posted by FRG7SWL on May 2, 2016 at 10:20:50:
Do I read this right? 75ohm downlink to a 300ohm INPUT?
Terrible impedance mis-match.
At least get a Balun to fix the impedance issue.
I made a 300ohm 'twinlead' antenna which is on a 'rotor' in the ceiling of my garage. AT THE Antenna is a balun. Down to the RADIO is 75ohm which screws into the antenna input.
Good results for a table radio (Tivoli #1) even though I live in a depression (the house, not ME) which is 40+ miles NORTH of SanDiego and thus well South of Orange county as well as impossibly far from LA. Yet, I do get some of the Mt Wilson FM feeds.
Too much is never enoughThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Weak reception - Hornlover 08:23:25 04/29/16 (10)
- Do the other FM devices perform better in the garage? - Timbo in Oz 04:17:58 04/30/16 (0)
- RE: Weak reception - Awe-d-o-file 13:17:06 04/29/16 (7)
- RE: Weak reception - Hornlover 14:22:36 04/29/16 (6)
- RE: Weak reception - Awe-d-o-file 19:38:51 04/30/16 (5)
- RE: Weak reception - 6bq5 08:39:44 04/29/16 (0)
- RE: Weak reception - pictureguy 10:43:47 05/02/16 (1)
- RE: Weak reception - FRG7SWL 12:19:01 05/02/16 (0)