Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Disappointed with Sangean 909

Yup, I can pick up the plasma from the AM radio in the garage. The plasma is very directional in its radiation pattern.

Not to compare with the Sony 2010, but maybe the much cheaper 7600 would work for you. It's got some pretty good features, works fine for me but I don't try to do anything fancy with it. I have some older Sangeans too. Their front end is very sensitive and can be subject to the same probs as in the 2010.

I've been looking for a new/small portable lately too. A couple of the C Cranes seem OK (for me), I was thinking of the Skywave, mainly I just wanted decent AM (preferably a la the original GE Superadio, but not to be). Hard to get a decent AM-only radio without having to buy a ton of extra features these days.

Edit: I don't know what you're actually trying to do, so my suggestions are probably stupid. When other devices emit RF interference, pretty hard for an AM radio receiver to not pick them up. Even my really good radios with decent outdoor antennas will.

Edits: 11/20/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.