Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Interesting

I'd never seen that suggested in a component's manual before.

The subject of system grounding can be complex. I did more reading on it this morning, attempting to find where I'd read about the dangers associated with improper grounding. Although I was unable to relocate what I was looking for, I did find many posts on the dangers of using a separate ground rod (meaning a second rod, in addition to your home electrical service rod).

I use a ground block for my outdoor antenna, in addition to a mast ground. My system is grounded using a power cord with a three prong plug, to make a ground back to the AC service panel. I've never had an issue with hum, except with phono, and that gets a separate ground wire, but it's attached to the component with the three prong plug (i.e. my preamp).

There's quite a bit of information out there regarding grounding. Search, and prepare to be busy reading for a while! The most important part is to verify the source, and don't follow the instructions of lunatics here on the Asylum. The advice might be great, but verify it! Don't trust your house or your life to a poster who may mean well, but has no clue.

Consult an electrician, if necessary. Be safe!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Interesting - 1973shovel 10:37:37 11/12/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.