Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Antenna grounding proceedures

Welcome.

You have the first part correct, grounding the mast to the ground rod. It's your other intent I don't agree with, which is running a wire from your tuner to the ground rod. If memory serves me, grounding the system (tuner or no tuner) to the ground rod via wire may actually be dangerous, from what I read. You can do an Asylum search for this information.

A grounding block isn't at all superfluous. You are trying to protect your house, your system, and most importantly you from lightning strikes. The cable is a fine way for lightning to enter your house if you skip the grounding block. Don't cut corners, use the grounding block.

Below is a link to just one article I found. Google "grounding outdoor antennas" and that should give you plenty of results, including diagrams. You'll find far more results for TV antennas than you will if you search FM antennas, but it doesn't matter. For the purposes of safe grounding practices, they are one and the same.

Play it safe, and good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.