Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Radio Shack antennas

My question is how to take advantage of the Radio Shack bankruptcy/ fire sale and get an appropriate outdoor antenna. According to FM Fool I am less than 30 miles due south from just about all of the NYC radio stations (and many from New Jersey too - most are on the Empire State Building or the NYTimes building), and I need 9-12 feet of elevation for line-of-sight reception.
I anticipate that I can get a big discount for any of the Radio Shack antennas that are in stock, so which should I get? Is there any downside to getting too much antenna, e.g. the biggest one the have? I will use it primarily for FM, but might experiment with HDTV as well, since the drift away from cable seems to be increasing.
Actually, the store near me that is shutting down seems to have only this one (aside from the much smaller ones):
Catalog #: 1500274 ANTENNACRAFT HD850 HEAVY-DUTY VHF/UHF/FM ANTENNA
http://www.radioshack.com/antennacraft-hd850-heavy-duty-vhf-uhf-fm-antenna/1500274.html#start=17&sz=12&srule=price-high-low
Any thoughts/discussion would be much appreciated!
Pete

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Radio Shack antennas - Pete B. 12:18:14 02/09/15 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.