Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Kenwood KT-8300

I had a KT8300 that was modded by TunerX. I have no complaints regarding the sound quality of that tuner. I think it compares with anything Kenwood was making back then. Just my impression comparing to my 600t which was upgraded by Bill Ammons. Thats who I would send the the 8300 to no question. My experience sending a Sony to TunerX was not a good one in the least. He totally ignored an issue with the tuner and went ahead and did his "mods" Me thinks that having a component all squared away first operationally comes first before considering mods. A tech closer to you is Mark at Absolute Sound Labs and he fixed the Sony for me as well as getting everything to perform perfecty. His services are top notch and you do have to pay well for that. However , these 2 that I have mentioned are bona fide techs. If I recall, Ammons is a RF engineer as well. He designed a filter adder board to improve on tuner selectivity/sensitivity. one of those or both. Dont recall the particulars. It's a great tuner and I highly recommend a yagi rotatable roof top antenna. The improvement in reception is no less than astonishing and this will of course optimize your sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.