Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Kenwood KT-8300

Totally on the same track. I have a lot of the (apparently very uncommon now?) Roederstein 10uF/250V polycarbonate caps that I tend to really like the sound of (it's quite distinctive re the mids, and lasts pretty much forever). So I mix to taste with the Silmic IIs, can give a whole new life to a tuner: the (actual) silk of Silmic and the smooth sweetness of PC.

There aren't a lot of good-sounding FM stations around here anymore, they mostly all need sonic help. Only one (jazz) sounds like you may actually be listening to an LP, and another (classical) also has enough dynamic range to be stimulating. Unfortunately those aren't my preferred genres...

Love Kenwood tuners. IMO they had the best designers (I'm a ham too) and it's true they built to a price, but they really knew their stuff. And they were/are very reliable too. I have one that's been powered on 24/7 since the 90s. I would buy pretty much even the cheapest Kenwood tuner for $100, if it was looking good and everything appeared to work (usually old stuff that looks like new was taken good care of).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Kenwood KT-8300 - cfraser 19:23:21 01/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.