Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Mission Accomplished!!!

Thanks all for your help.
For those interested: I had to take the day off for unrelated reasons and spent the morning setting this up. We just moved into this house and it has had many iterations of cable and whatever. There are a bunch of dead lines running on the outside of the house. I've been slowly but surely taking them down over the past few weeks but there were still plenty there. I repurposed some cable that was already on the outside of my house as well as routing through the attic so it was really not a big deal. It took me a couple of hours.

Sp long story short the radio sounds great and the rabbit ears are gone! I am most impressed with the sound stage. The speakers are much less visible. I use KLH 5s which are great but less great at imaging so I am very impressed with this little radio.

It makes me wonder if I should think about upgrading the NAD 412. The 412 has that nasty habit of burning out the lamp. I gave up years ago and stopped replacing them. It sounds great, I doubt I could be it at the price but I don't know much about tuners. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Nate

You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump -- W.C. Fields

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.