Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Leaning towards this one

Brian,
Two more comments - to help I hope:
1: the big difference between the rated range for the antennas is more elements - the range is assuming a standard height - and more elements provide more gain so you can pick up a weaker signal -
the alternative is to raise the height of the antenna. I realize that this brings with it more interesting complexities - how high?, how to securely position it THAT high?, and then the isolation /grounding for lightning when it IS That High...

You guys and gals around the lake have a blessing in that your range is increased because there are no hills, buildings or trees on the lake to interfere with the line-o'-sight transmission of FM/VHF... of course that also means that the snow flies a bit deeper .....

2: To the previous post about the Rhombic - if you only had a few stations, you could build custom antennas for the stations/ranges you wanted - that would be more effective than the Yagis -

Having said this - your original post was more concerned with television broadcast, and so I would stick with the yagis.

Good luck, and remember to Ground the Mast,
Happy listening
Happy Listening

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.