Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Antenna

Researching killing the cable service and going with an OTA system. Here in Toronto, there are about 26 channels available with only one duplication and one foreign language channel so, while the number is not high seemingly, it actually is about the same number as cable since the basic Rogers has multiples of the same programming (like 10 showing the same sports program).

On the good side of course is I now can get an outdoor FM antenna. I want to get down to channel 2. Most VHF/UHF antennas only start at channel 7 so antennas getting to channel 2 and hence covering the FM band is limited.

Does anyone have any experience with these combo antennas designed to go to channel 2 and FM? Or, shall I just go with an omni directional FM antenna. I will not be using a rotor as the 2 transmitter points are almost in line with each other from my house, the CNN Tower and Buffalo. As for FM, I only listen to a few channels locally but might be intered in getting into the US. Buffalo transmitters at right around 60 miles from the house as the Canadian Goose flies (provided he does nto attack an airplane).
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Antenna - Brian Levy 06:22:46 06/04/12 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.