Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Tivoli not cutting it.

I had a similar problem in my office and fund placing the radio and antenna along the window pulled in the station though its location was on the other side of the building. All I had to do was move it into the room a couple of feet and I'd lose the station.

Also, it might sound a bit odd but, in the same office I had a small Sony tuner and it had one of those inductive AC line cord antennas, a simple metal piece that wrapped around the cord. It also, did well in pulling the station and the tuner was pulling it in when the other tuner lost it as I moved the tuner further into the room. Both tuners are about the same in quality and pulling power at home.

FWIW, I did not find the Tivoili that good, sadly as I am a lover of Kloss's designs, owning his original stereo receiver, the KLH 27 that is a near daily user.

If you continue to have problems, look for a Grundig/Eton S350DL portable. I eventually ended up using 1 in the office instead of the tuners as it did better. They have been out of production from some time but new ones keep showing up on eBay at good prices. If you decide to try 1, make sure it is the DL version as the non-DL had some issues that the DL squared away.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tivoli not cutting it. - Brian Levy 18:45:37 03/17/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.