Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Henry...

"I am not suppoting Mr Bybee, or his advertising claims. I'm just protesting people who pour doodoo on something they themselves havn't tested."

Allen, I know how you feel, and have felt exactly the same way many times myself. Having said that, I feel obligated to say that I have not tried the Bybees. In fact, I haven't even talked to anyone that has. So... I won't claim they don't work.

But, I have read the claims. As a trained physicist I found them to be a shameful mixture of buzzwords and nonsense that apparently sticks to the ribs of some people with money to spend (you said you haven't read the claims, so I give you amnesty.)

The point is that it's really hard for me to look past that. I'm not a religious person, but if I were then I imagine that it would be something like listening to someone spew nonsense that they claimed was straight from the Bible (what I recognized as nonsense and not from the Bible) all in an effort to sell some trinket from their wagon.

Look, I don't know that the trinket doesn't do everything that they claim. Could be that it does. But do they have any business exploiting a field of knowledge (or faith) that so many have spent their lives working to perfect - something that they don't understand even a tiny bit but are willing to pretend that they do. Do they have any business exploiting that in the name of making a few bucks?

I say, if they're going to brandish science to sell their wares then let science be the judge. After all, it's the repeatability of good scientific claims that make them defensible. If the claims can't even begin to be supported by the science they claim to stand on, well... they just have no business. Let them sell their products without abusing the efforts of generations of hard working people.

-- Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.