Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Sure, but...

Bybee claims the Quantum Purifiers absorb 1/f noise produced by passive and active devices. I've also seen it claimed that they dampen ringing and overshoot on square waves. And yet they are supposed to have no measurable effect on the time- or frequency-domain response of the circuits they're connected to.

The problem I have with these claims is that, if true, they turn conventional electronics and statistics theory right on its head. If I accept these claims, I can't trust anything I think I know about electronics.

Allen, you must have the facilities to verify these claims. Surely you can measure the 1/f noise of one of your preamps, then slap in some Bybees, and validate that the noise has dropped without changing the frequency response...

It seems to me that the claims made about these devices are pretty straightforward. Either they do what they claim to do, or they don't. If they do not, in fact, dampen and absorb 1/f noise and square wave ringing as claimed, then the marketing is fraudulent. It follows that whatever subjective effect they do have is caused by some mechanism other than what the manufacturer claims, and it may be worthwhile to determine what that (presumably well-understood and ordinary) mechanism is so that we can exploit it at low cost in our DIY audio circuits.

If, on the other hand, these simple devices can be demonstrated to perform these amazing feats of quantum statistics, then this is a profoundly important discovery the knowledge of which needs to be broadly disseminated...

That's what I think, anyway, no save-the-world arrogance implied or intended.

-Henry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.