Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: interesting

Your basic point -- that the "Compact" circuit, updated with a current source in the output stage, is a potentially worthwhile design -- is valid and defensible. Some of the things you've said to defend your position, once you felt it was under attack, are not. Out of respect for you, I've tried not to come back at you with my characteristic... vehemence.

My original posting in this thread (look at it now if you forget what I said) was inoffensive, and based on a misunderstanding of what circuit we were discussing. Although I didn't have to, I went out of my way to post an apology to you and a clarification to Yeo. I don't see what it is that I've said that is so problematic, except that I've apparently bruised your ego. I've definitely added a lot of value to this discussion, whether or not you are savvy and discriminating enough to realize it.

Finally, regarding Norman Crowhurst, on more than one occasion I've stared at articles of his and tried to make heads or tails out of what he's saying. Crowhurst writes like an engineer. He's OK, but he doesn't have the gift for explaning things in a way that leaves you breathless with admiration for his writing skill. He could have used my help reviewing his articles. On the other hand, if you want an example of truly brilliant writing for tube hobbyists, it's got to be John Broskie's TubeCad website...

-Henry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: interesting - Henry Pasternack 20:37:06 04/13/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.