Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

OK, Mikey...

OK, Mikey, I apologize for being hard on you. As I said below, I only looked at the page you linked, and not the "refined" version of Yeo's circuit.

Given limited time and resources and an infinite number of circuits to build, I try to pick projects that are a clear statement of some design idea. If simplicity is the idea, then it should be very simple. If push-pull is the idea, then it should be very well balanced.

Sometimes you can make a circuit conceptually simpler by adding a bit of complexity to it. When you strip a circuit down to a minimum number of elements, each of those elements has more work to do and the non-ideal characteristics are more clearly exposed. This makes it harder to predict how the circuit will perform as a whole.

My feeling is, if you put a good phase inverter in front of a push-pull output stage, separating out the two functions, then it's actually clearer and simpler from a design standpoint how the circuit works. Other people may feel differently.

I hope it doesn't bother you too much that I sometimes challenge your ideas in public. It's not personal -- just trying to state my understanding of the subject as clearly and completely as possible.

-Henry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.