Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Sorry???

You wrote:
sorry... but your conclusion is a laugher...

Sorrow not necessary! However, I do believe you dismiss my conclusion too readily.

My conclusion is based on what I built and listened to: the Compact Amp as posted on the Triode Electronics site. The conclusion is not based on an optimized version of the amp or on what a golden eared recording engineer designed and built. I stated this clearly and unambiguously. Regardless, it could be argued that the "optimized" versions are no longer the "Compact Amp" but that's for another day.

Bottom line: I stand by my conclusion that as described in the original schematic, the "Compact Amp" is anything but a stunning performer either technically (significant output stage drive imbalance) or sonically (my parts, my speaker my ears, my music).

However, in spite of my less-than-totally-positive experience with the original design, I'm still interested to hear what you liked so much about the original version you heard (or built?).

SO

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.