Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Thanks Pete....

Sometimes I ask myself if I should address a particular topic or post... as I sense my response might be misunderstood and/or misapplied. I'm happy to see that you took it in the spirit it was intended. No aspersions were intended to any living or dead human...
just wanted to address the technical issues that had been raised.

IIRC, I think Norman Crowhurst may have written an article on square wave testing of transformers.... if the subject interests you... look up some of Van der Veen's articles that he has written (I forget if they are on the amplimo site or the plitron site) where I am pretty sure that he addresses the issues of leakage, capacitance, and Q. His tranneys have very well controlled Q's by the way and very small leakage and etc....

and you wrote, further;

::::My point was that square wave response is not the only measure of how well an audio transformer is behaving in a given circuit. I think you, I and Voltsecond all agree on that. :-)::::

Absolutely. I don't consider any one factor of design to be paramount or the holy grail... and in my experience the designs which usually measure and sound the best are the ones that optimized for a wide range of performance and design considerations.

thanks again,

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks Pete.... - mqracing 13:43:15 01/26/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.