Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: How can that work well?

Hello TK,

Regarding the first point, I thought we were talking only about the secondary load. But take your point about a 12au7 having a tougher time than a 10ohm source for a given tx and load.

Completely agree with your point about inter-winding capacitance, which in conjunction with the miller cap of the driven stage is, to my mind, the prime engineering argument for using damping resistors or zobel networks.

But I still don't follow that there must be appreciable current flow for the tx to operate "correctly"; you don't define what you mean by this - do you mean that, for eg a 1:1 tx, that Vout will equal Vin (neglecting capacitive effects)?

Alternatively, what happens to the transformer action if the secondary is truly unloaded? I've been scratching my head on this one - does Faraday say the voltages will be the same despite differing current flows (magnetisation current, and 0, for the pri and sec respectively)?

All that neglects capacitance of course!

cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: How can that work well? - vry 08:50:12 01/26/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.