Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

NO Heresy - " freezing improves sound?"

Hi Dan.

Experience speaks. Great minds think alike. You have said what I intend to say. Much appreciated! I wish there are more sensible & open
minds like yours around.

Ignorance is not a guilt. Comments on sheer speculation, disbelief, yet without substantiation is not a virtue either. I have seen enough here.

One disbeliever even "guaranteed" some Tibetan Buddha chants would
improve the sound like a chime! Hopefully, that was only a home-loner's nutshell facination. Apparently he applied the same chimes to his "fantastic" sounding DIY power amp which he claimed he built from scraps & trash. When times come, I might even volunteer to be his
free marketing agent to sell his Tibetan chimes (assumbly patented)
to audiophile audio makers worldwide so that "fantastic" sounding
hi-end equipment can be built at low low cost with dirt cheap Radio-Shack grade parts & sold to audio Joe Blows at low low prices. Using his chimes, he must be kicking butts, bigtime!!!!!

Yes, you are correct. DIY deep freeze., like my humble -30C freezer
experience, is NOT, repeat NOT, comparable to industrial cryogenics.
But it works for me, bigtime, provided of course, it is implemented PROPERLY like what I did. You said the sonic upgrading by similar home-brewn deep-freezes will not be so lasting, & need 'recharging'
from time to time. I am not sure of that. 'Cause I am positive I have yet to detect any sound degrading back to the pre-deep-freeze era from my treated stuff.

Let me put one of the sonic improvements on my rig in perspective.
One of my sonic test programmes is taken from my favourite 25-year-young stereo LP - a male vocal soloist accompanied by an acoutical guitarist. The male vocal comes out from the dead centre of the soundstage about 10-feet away, & the guitarist just stand right
in front of me about 3 feet to my left. I can detect clearly &
repeatedly everytime without fail, the twanging noises of the guitarist's fingers touching the strings, from three times before deep-freeze, to nine times after deep-freeze.

It reveals more inner details of the music textures, to say the least.

"Open mind & open ears" - fully concurred. What one can't hear from its own rig doen't mean it is not there anywhere else.

Good deep-freeze listening

cheap-Jack
Jan 21, 2004.

PS: for whoever interested to dig into cryogenics,
tons of books on the same subject are available from
KK Library @www.kimber.com. Also on-line info@www.cryogenics.com.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.