Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: BATTERY for filament heating

the batteries don't effect the bias any differently than any other DC supply does... depending on which side you reference you get a different bias...

to be honest i haven't done much with dc supplies in dht's i just noted the difference in bias and clipping depending on which side you reference... as i recall i like referencing the ground side for outputs so the entire filament is at or above so A2 operation is farther away, but for a driver that has headroom... i'll take the + side to ground for that little extra bias for free... it means the rest of the needed total bias is a little easier to get, you just have to be aware that A2 will start at the filament voltage and not 0 V so keep clear.

this is another one of those things that i would like to see a fuller treatment of... i guess you could look at it as using a -7.5V supply on a 10 used as a driver... why not??? as long as you keep deep class A (has anyone ever done a class A2 driver???) and of course the whole thing is not much of an issue with a 2A3 at 2.5V... but the GM70 at 20V thats a different story.

on the paralleling nicads... not sure... some batteries handle it better than others... and charging/discharging have different requirements... not sure what applies to what type...

time to crawl back into the box... man its boring in there!

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: BATTERY for filament heating - dave slagle 14:15:06 10/26/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.